Our Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log inLog in  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  

How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zunecast

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-08

How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS Empty
PostSubject: How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS   How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:08 am

"I'm a Mac user. I have mountains of DVD disc and recently bought a WD-TV HD Player. So I want to convert all DVDs to some format in order to play on my HD player. The reason I don't want to convert them to AVI is because somewhere I read that if I convert DVD to MKV files, it will carry all the subtitles and bonus features of DVD too. But how do I convert DVDs to MKV files?"
What is MKV?
How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS Mkv

MKV( Matroska Multimedia Container) is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska file types are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MKA for audio-only files and .MKS for subtitles only.
Best Five MKV Players please free download best five MKV players.

Many people met the same problem that when they convert DVD to video and watch it on laptop or Mac, the quality gets bad. As we known, a DVD movie is often 8 GB in size. If we convert them to ordinary video formats, the size would be hundreds of MB.So we have to face the problem that the code compression would destroy most of unimportant data and video quality gets bad. How to resolve this problem? In fact, we can decrease the damage by converting DVD to MKV or other HD videos formats. These HD videos are often bigger than standard video and keep higher quality. In addition, if you convert DVD to MKV files, it will carry all the subtitles and bonus features of DVD.
What we need to convert DVD to MKV for Mac
If you want to convert DVD to MKVmovies with subtitle on your Mac book and share with your family, you have to use some DVD to MKV converter to rip DVD to MKV. Well, Daniusoft DVD Ripper for Mac would be perfect for you. Because it's very easy to convert DVD movies into MKV format including subtitles .and this software is a free trial application for Mac OS x that accomplishes this task quickly and easily.
Below is the step by step guide on how to convert DVD to MKV for Mac
Step1. Download and install DVD Ripping software Mac
Download DVD to MKV converter and running it, and then load the DVD movie from your Mac or DVD Driver.
Step2. Select Output Setting
Select MKV from the output formats list in "Format" drop-down list. And the output directory to save the converted files in "Output" drop-down list. You can also adjust other settings such as video quality, audio track, Bitrates, aspect ratio, brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.
Step3. Convert DVD to MKV on Mac
When the settings are done, click the button to start conversion. And then the program will automatically start to convert DVD to MKV file .that's all. When the conversion finished, you can click "Open" to locate the file in your hard drive. If you don't want to wait around during the conversion, the smart program can switch off the computer automatically when the conversion is done.
With this DVD to MKV converter'scute and easy-to-use interface, you will have a good mood when you are at work. You can also convert only the outstanding part of the DVD to MKV or another popular format.
Related articles:
DVD to HTC
DVD to Android

DVD to iPhone 4
DVD to iPad on Mac
DVD to Final Cut Mac
rip DVD with VLC
Mac DVD Ripper review
DVD to WMV Mac
Back to top Go down

How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS
Page 1 of 1